Tuesday 2 March 2010

if music be the food of love, play on....

I bloody love listening to music in my head phones...i had some super cool ones, with furry zebra print innards to keep my ears cosy. but our dog ate the wire...SHITBAG. so i had none for a while :( booooooo! But then my man gave me an old pair. how kind :). So yes..today was an inside my head music day...Tracy Chapman to be specific. She will always remind me my best friend, Mr. Bo D. he got me through the toughest time of my life. We went from interest to lovers quickly and then catastrophe hit and i clung to him like a limpet to a rock. Its quite a miracle he didn't run off screaming, most men would've. but through our relationship we both learned SO much..(he learned more than me i think ;)) ANYWAY, yes...so many people think its weird that i can remain friends with an ex, but we never had that kind of relationship, we were never going to be forever or anything..but theres a lot to be said for being friends through a relationship, most couples arn't. ANYWAY OFF TOPIC..(kind of) so yes...today i thought, i wanna listen to Tracy Chapman and so i did and it made me think of Bo because it introduced me to her..and the music always takes me back to him. do you have that? a song that immediately takes you back to a moment or a person? tell me what it is and what moment you go to or who it reminds you of...:)

Music has a far greater potency - it can make time more immediate
whilst simultaneously placing you effortlessly back to a moment.
Songs become a blueprint for your own personal mind map.
There is always room for reinterpretation of a song
because every radically different human being
has his or her own collective and energy filled lifetime to impress upon it.
Music takes hold, and it is far more dangerous than nostalgia.
Good times or bad times can be returned to with startling clarity,
but it is the moment that becomes important, where life is meant to be,
for there can be no lie in a sweet melody or an evil groove.
by Jamie Cullum

nice this my playlist on spotify at the minute, dont know if thats worked? well seee..anyway, yes..if you organise the music to play in order of time, i start my day off with some older songs, that mingle into some newer stuff..it always surprises me and makes me happy :)

musical kisses
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. i like that i don't think 'no, he's MY best friend'! =)
    that means that i really really like you.
    or maybe just that I'm not 16.
    what do you think?
    i don't really have music moments from my time with toby - at that time we were very very different musically i think except for the odd thing here and there.... halo? did you ever hear halo? pretty good with angsty lyrics that i loved at the time and still do now, embarrassingly.
    sadly though i have very very much music that i love and that i was introduced to by various other ex-boyfriends - so i try to erase the memories of those musical moments because as much as i want to continue listening to great music i also want so much to have fresh memories with my bertie. i REALLY don't want to be thinking about ex's when i'm with my love. it only really works for living artists - for example fourtet, introduced to me by jean-louis the luxembourger, but now with bertie listened to much much and smoked to and heart-to-hearted to.... but most importantly new albums have been released...
    also buena vista social club, introduced to me by the inimitable sam west when i was an impressionable 19year old, but now listened to in a mightier and different cd version (live at carnegie hall), and also watched live in paris, with my darling bertie.
    hmmm, i'm not sure what my point was.
    music music music.
    and memories.
    and love.
    and fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your my best friend too..what i mean to say is..i trust you above most others. i have about 5 special ones not including tom and mum, and your in there..toby is my BEST friend because of that time..im sure if id met you and wede turned into lovers, the same would have occured ;)

    i think you really REALLY like me, or id like to think that ;)
    but also that your not 16..THANKGOD. i couldnt cope with that.

    I love you and Bertie, it makes me heart smile (gay). and yes, new memories of old music is good :) im sure me and tom will cover over some of my old ones, but i think its because me and tom listen to different music to me and bo, and me and tom drive less places to get really into one type of music on the journey...but we have years and years for that :)

    fear?? why fear??
    the word fear makes me think a quote, i think from the jungle book? but that doesnt sound right...''do not fear me little one, for i am death'' i like that quote.

    i like you more.
    <3 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and tom makes my heart smile too. =)

    but fear.... oh you know, whenever you love someone there's fear.
    fear of the past interjecting at inappropriate moments, but mostly fear of the future - of accidents, illnesses, failures, losses......... life.
    i had a HORRIBLE nightmare last night which was so violent it turned into an all-day-mare, probably influencing this current state of FEAR.

    love love love and lots of really like x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a good talking point belle, im gonna think on it and blog on it. thanks dollface :D

    :( sending hugs for your nightmare fear day and some nice energies. and im ALWAYS sending love for you xxxxxxxxxx
    lovelovelove and some crushy feelings of REALLY like ;) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails