Wednesday, 29 December 2010
Michael: Hook, whose eyes turn red as he guts you.
Millicent: Upon my soul, how children are educated nowadays.
Wendy: [Chuckles] – I’m afraid I am not learned at all, Aunt. But I do know a thing or two about pirates... My unfulfilled ambition is to write a great novel in three parts about my adventures.
Millicent: What adventures?
Wendy: I’ve yet to have them, but they will be perfectly thrilling.
Millicent: But, child, novelists are not highly thought of in good society. And there is nothing so difficult to marry as a novelist.
All: Marry? – Marry? Marry? – But, Aunt, Wendy is not yet 13.
Millicent: Walk toward me, dear, that I may appraise you.
Mr. Darling: Go on. Walk to your auntie. Stand up straight.
Millicent: Stop it! – Turn around.
Mr. Darling: Shh.
Millicent: Mm, yes. Oh, it’s quite as I expected.....Wendy possesses a woman’s chin. Have you not noticed? Observe her mouth.....There, hidden in the right-hand corner....is that a kiss?
[Mrs. Darling Gasps]
Mrs. Darling: A kiss? – Like Mother’s kiss.
Millicent: A hidden kiss.
Mrs. Darling: But what is it for?
Millicent: It is for the greatest adventure of all....They that find it…have slipped in and out of heaven.
Wendy: Find what?
Millicent: The one the kiss belongs to.
Mrs. Darling: My Wendy…a woman.
Millicent: Almost a woman.
Tuesday, 28 December 2010
a very very very very very tiny 'studio apartment'.
The thought of this makes me feel a panicky.
But then i remembered how ikea utilise small spaces
- can't find any pics -
So i started to Google images of good studio apartments.
most of the pics aren't actually of full 'studio' apartments
(can't bloody stand that term. its not studio. its a room
with a kitchenette and a bed and a shower room. A bedsit in fact.)
AND then i remembered that carrie has a kind of studio in SATC :)
She has an actual kitchen aswell as a living/bedroom - but its a step in the right direction.
work with what you have...or something.
Its all about what you do with it...
MY kitchenette will look NOTHING like this sleek little thing,
i can guarantee - but, optimism and positive thinking!!
can just about see the 'kitchen' at the back...
could be worse..
Sunday, 7 November 2010
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.By: Andy Weir
For the few of you who follow me, sorry iv not been around -
and so many sewing projects!
and thiiings, but will find time to do some bloggering soon..
ANYWAY! the point to todays entry is..
I'v been following Carmen for a while now - awesome make up tips and cooking stuff, just a generally cosy girly blog :)
i logged into my blogger account this morning and found this giveaway :D
WWAAAAA exciting :D headbands being totally in this season and its grey and cosy and nice ^_^ AND a drawer smelly - though to be honest, looks tempting to use as a pin cushion for glass-headed multi coloured pins...
''A cosy chunky knit headband/earwarmer with a whopping bow and some subtly scattered shiny bits (shame they don't show up too much in the piccie) and a vanilla scented cupcake called pammi who loves nothing more than to snooze in closets and sock drawers :]''
So, there we are :)
GO GO GO!
Sunday, 26 September 2010
1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7. Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10. I did not object to the object.
11. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
12. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
13. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
14. There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
15. They were too close to the door to close it.
16. The buck does funny things when the does are present.
17. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
18. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
19. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
20. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
21. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat. We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? One index, 2 indices? Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?
If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?
You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which an alarm goes off by going on. English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race (which, of course, isn't a race at all). That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.
Friday, 10 September 2010
There are no commitments, only bargains. And they have to be made again every day. You think making a commitment is it. Finish. You think it sets like a concrete platform and it’ll take any strain you want to put on it. You’re committed. You don’t have to prove anything. In fact you can afford a little neglect, indulge in a little bit of sarcasm here and there, isolate yourself when you want to. Underneath it’s concrete for life. I’m a cow in some ways, but you’re an idiot.
What was that? Oh ... yes. No commitments. Only bargains. The trouble is I don’t really believe it. I’d rather be an idiot. It’s a kind of idiocy I like. ‘I use you because you love me. I love you so use me. Be indulgent, negligent, preoccupied, premenstrual ... your credit is infinite, I’m yours, I’m committed...’ It’s no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst. Is that romantic? Well, good. Everything should be romantic.
Thursday, 9 September 2010
Tuesday, 7 September 2010
1.Never stop thinking. This is important. If someone ever says to you ‘You need to stop thinking so much,’ call them ignorant in your head and keep thinking deeper. It is this mentality that breeds stupidity and sheeple. Your mind is the most important tool you have, if you stop using it, it will atrophy. Question everything.
2. Stare into space blankly and don’t mentally punish yourself for doing it, even if it is for that split second. If you have a problem with staring blankly, think of it as daydreaming.
3. Root Beer sucks after having spicy food.
4. Everything is going to be just fine. If you worry about acne, you’re going to get a fucking pimple.
5. Don’t be afraid to talk about anything. You shouldn’t be afraid of reality.
6. Everyone is a hypocrite.
7. You are all original. Every life experience is case sensitive and unique. Every time you wake up or go to the bathroom or quote someone else, you are becoming more you than anyone has ever been.
8. Do pointless things. Don’t actively restrain or hide yourself from the redundant.
9. Stop rushing. Shut up and embrace the sound of silence.
10. Religion shouldn’t be taught, it should be found. No one should tell you what to believe except you. And while were on the subject…
11. Don’t be restrained by one religion. People change every moment of everyday. Minds grow and evolve. Religion has no law so feel free to mix and match. Make your own.
12. Going to the bathroom is not a right nor a privilege. it’s an act of nature.
13. Talking to yourself is healthy. Is there anyone that you have more in common with?
14. There is no such thing as time. The sun never sets or rises. Days and years don’t exist. There is only your life. Earlier today you were born and death is predicted later in the evening.
15. We will always be in a transitional phase. Look outside and know that everything will be replaced at some point. This existence is temporary.
16. Its not half empty or half full. Its half a glass.
17. Every now and then take something that you see everyday and try to see it in a different light. Renew its existence.
18. Be happy, but don’t force it.
19. You will always succeed in trying.
20. We are all crazy. Every person you read about in the history books had some kind of ‘disorder’, they just knew how to use it.
21. We are all about as similar as we are different.
22. Ideas are just as valuable as people. Why do you think we keep making people?
87. Numbers don’t have to go in order.
24. Words will always be just words. Love is just another four letter word, only the feeling is real.
25. Ask a child for advice. They may not know much, but they know what is important.
26. Prove you’re alive. Do anything from dancing in the supermarket to screaming ‘Fuck’ during a moment of silence. Remind the world you are still here.
27. Don’t take anything, even this, too seriously.
Friday, 3 September 2010
i wrote this in February 2008
2. I want love again, i want the exploding chest ohmyiloveyousomuchicouldeatyou kind of love, and kind of love where when you hug them you want to fall inside...im ready...i think.
i met my boy that april....
i wrote this in February as well, in the same blog
10. for my birthday i want my lovlies on some grass, eating a picnic, drawing in summer books, with ballooooons and jelly and fun :D like im 14 again cuz i miss that millions. EVERYONE welcome..so start asking for no rain on thursday the 27th of march :) pray or think positive thoughts or throw salt over your left shoulder three times a day every other day starting on sunday, or whatever, becuase unfortunatly my wheather changing powers seem to have gone, and i want to enjoy this birthday.
- my birthday was in march and this is exactly what happened...
in the august i wrote this....
someone lend me like....£700...
ill buy £200 worth of driving lessons. and a theory and practical test. the rest i will spend on fabrics and boning and ribbons and buttons and other things i can make pretty things from. and set up a sewing room and wake up each morning feeling prepared to do the things i should do...becuase i want to. becuase im good at it.
that December a guy crashed into our car resulting in an injury claim which we come to below.
the next april i wrote this:
right now id quite enjoy :
being able to drive and a car
a comfortable job i enjoy..or just a job?
£250 for Nikon d40
aaaaannnd my own little workroom for my creative bits..
that June i got £2000 from the insurance company and this year we moved into our house where i have my own LITTLE workroom for my creative bits...
(2000 which i pretty spent on nothing. life is expensive hey... but i paid tom back a chunk and then we had fun and ate out for a few months and i bought corset things and paid for a holiday)
and thats what i got. feels selfish now -
but god i feel lucky.
so ask for what you want:
don't give another option.
Tuesday, 31 August 2010
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.
“One is Evil – It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
“The other is God – It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
Sunday, 29 August 2010
- fit katies toile for shoot - DONE
- make katies corset for shoot - DONE
- finish uni sketch book - NOT DONE
- do mood board for uni sketch book - NOT DONE
- shop for shoot accessories - DONE
- create mood board for top seekrit designs - NOT DONE
- get photies after shoot and ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE!! - HALF DONE
not tooooooooooo bad.
- mood board for uni sketch book.
- finish uni sketchbook
- mood board for seekrit projekt
- finalised designs for seekrit project
- make petticoat cream for lizzy
- create mood board for another Top seekrit project
- collect swatches for Top seekrit project
- get designs on paper for Top seekrit project
Thursday, 26 August 2010
Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Live What You Love: 50 Questions to Ask Yourself
- How do you really feel about what you are doing right now at this exact moment?
lovely, but a bit like something is missing.
- What is your fondest childhood memory? Who was there? What was going on?
I was about 8? Walking round in circles on my mums giant bed, with my best friend charlotte, pretending to be old ladies (very special children) absolutely laughing our heads off and not knowing why it was funny.
- How comfortable are you in your home?
super comfy :)
- How comfortable are you in your town/city? State?
Very, id say its one of the nicer town, cities and states to live in, in England.
- What kind of weather do you like?
All kinds, they serve their purpose. without rain we can have no life, without sun we can have no life. being out when its sunny and in when its rainy, is fine with me.
- Do you believe you can have your cake and eat it, too? Why or why not?
depends on how appreciative or obnoxious im being about the situation. but id say so long as im not being obnoxious or ignorant, then yes i can. and because its my life - i make my rules. so long as im not hurting anybody - then why not?
- What is one quality about your parent(s) that you really loved?
i cannot pick just one :)
- What is one quality about your parent(s) that you really do not like?
theres nothing i really DON'T like - and if she lacked those things, the bits i like wouldnt be the same?
- Do you like what you are doing for money?
i have no money....but i love what i do in my attempt to make money.
- What do you feel is your greatest skill?
- What do you feel is your greatest personality trait?
My ability to be accept most things.
- Do you feel like anything in your life is holding you back from ultimate joy? List everything.
My inability to accept the mundane
That i understand how hard big company's will screw over everybody but i refuse to be one of the screwed.
- Write a paragraph or two about your ideal weekend/time away from work. Include location, sights, smells, food, activities, and people.
- i cannot do this -
- How close are you in proximity to the people you absolutely adore the most?
- What do you want out of life?
- How do you think people will remember you, when you die?
short, easy going, corset maker
- How do you want people to remember you, when you die?
short, easy going, corset maker, with a nice bum
- Write your epitaph - the sentence you would want to appear on your grave.
companion, mother, lover, hugger
- What is one thing you could do today, this week, this month, or this year to get a step closer to creating the legacy in #17?
- How do you feel about your home furnishings?
i love them
- Do you have a hobby that you like to do but you don’t get paid for? What is it?
sewing - i can be paid for it - if people would order stuff ;)
- Does money hold you back from anything? What does it hold you back from? Be very specific.
going out to eat at restaurants, getting to certain attractions, buying new clothes - everything superficial. iv had money and iv not had money and i can safely say i am happier without money. though...a little to be comfortable would be nice. I would like money to travel, easier than walking....
- What do you think of passionate people?
They are the recognised.
- Do you know anyone who you feel is living their dream? Who? What do they do all day and night? Be very specific.
I am. i want to be a designer/producer of awesome clothes and i do it when i can. all day i think about designs i want to do and the practicalities of getting money for fabric etc. all day i look for inspiring pictures, food for my eyes and soul. and all night i talk AT my boyfriend about my ideas and how to get things together and then i sleep, ready for another full brain day tomorrow.
- Do you think you can be completely satisfied living where you do right now?
No? but...that is because i don't have a job. but im just as likely to not get a job here as i am anywhere else.
- What do you want to accomplish?
contentness. and..to be able to get over disappointment easier.
- Do you want to change your career?
- Do you wish you lived closer to a certain someone or group of people?
No, traveling makes it exciting.
- Do you wish you lived in a foreign country or a far away state?
for a while, but i do love england, id like to explore it before i explore somewhere else.
- What are three things that you do everyday that make you totally happy?
walk my dogs, think of the love i have and drink tea
- What do you want to pass on to your children?
artistic nature, open mindedness, relaxed disposition
- What is something you have never tried but would like to?
arrgggg! no idea..everything?
- Are there things in life you wish you could reverse or make right?
no. everything happens for a reason. wait...in life? make right? like...starving people? floods etc? if i had a wand to make it right, id do it.
- Do you feel like you have enough money to live the way you want to?
no. but im lucky to have the money i do have, it could be SO MUCH worse.
- Are you happy when you think about the upcoming day and all that it comes with?
thursday the 26th of august. it should be fine :) who knooowws what will happen.
- What do you find challenging?
accepting other peoples, slower, less efficiant way of doing things.
- What do you find thrilling?
roller coasters? falling? DANCING! loving...
- What are three memories you haven’t yet created but you would like to?
being dropped off at university
REALLY missing someone and FINALLY seeing them and kissing their godamn face off
- Do you feel energized when you work?
hmmm...less energised, more...articulate and efficient.
- Do you feel creative when you work?
- Describe what you consider work, and what you consider play. What are the differences?
work...achiveing a final goal. working toward something. play - doesn't matter if you have an outcome, so long as its fun.
- Do you feel blessed or lucky to wake up each day? How can you get to that point?
not so much blessed, but yes lucky. I am at that point because i appreciate the good things that i have and don't dwell on the bad things. dwelling doesnt change things, DOING things changes things..so DO, don't mope.
- If all of your debt was forgiven tomorrow, and you had a completely clean slate, what is the very FIRST thing you would change about your life?
ermmm.......carry on the same?
- Where are three places you have always thought about living but never did?
south coast England
Thailand? or somewhere similar...
but im only 21...
- When do you want to retire?
when i feel too old to work and have enough money not to have to.
- Is there an award or accolade you have always dreamed of winning or being recognized for?
- If you could learn how and money was not an issue, is there anything else you would do for work besides what you are doing now? Be specific.
counseling, but not mental exploration counseling, just people spewing their thoughts out in front of me, for me to help them pick them back up in order, accepting them and putting them back.
- List three things you would immediately change about your work day if you were the boss (assumes you are not the boss).
later start, more pay, more projects.
- List three things you would immediately start doing on the weekends if you had the money.
driving to a different place every friday night and exploring it over the weekend.
- Imagine it is a big holiday and you are with your loved ones and you are living what you truly love. When they ask what you have been doing, what do you say in reply?
sewing, getting designs together, hoping for more orders.
Which questions do you find difficult to answer? Why do you think that is?
Tuesday, 24 August 2010
WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO SET FOOT ON THE MOON.
HIS FIRST WORDS AFTER STEPPING ON THE MOON, "THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP
FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND," WERE TELEVISED TO EARTH AND HEARD BY MILLIONS.
BUT JUST BEFORE HE REENTERED THE LANDER, HE MADE THE ENIGMATIC REMARK
"GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY."
MANY PEOPLE AT NASA THOUGH IT WAS A CASUAL REMARK CONCERNING SOME
RIVAL SOVIET COSMONAUT. HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THERE WAS NO GORSKY IN
EITHER THE RUSSIAN OR AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAMS.
OVER THE YEARS MANY PEOPLE QUESTIONED ARMSTRONG AS TO WHAT THE "GOOD
LUCK, MR. GORSKY" STATEMENT MEANT, BUT ARMSTRONG ALWAYS JUST SMILED.
ON JULY 5, 1995, IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA, WHILE ANSWERING QUESTIONS
FOLLOWING A SPEECH, A REPORTER BROUGHT UP THE 26-YEAR-OLD QUESTION TO ARMSTRONG.
THIS TIME HE FINALLY RESPONDED. MR. GORSKY HAD DIED, SO NEIL
ARMSTRONG FELT HE COULD ANSWER THE QUESTION.
IN 1938 WHEN HE WAS A KID IN A SMALL MIDWEST TOWN, HE WAS PLAYING
BASEBALL WITH A FRIEND IN THE BACKYARD. HIS FRIEND HIT THE BALL,
WHICH LANDED IN HIS NEIGHBOR'S YARD BY THE BEDROOM WINDOWS.
HIS NEIGHBORS WERE MR. AND MRS.GORSKY. AS HE LEANED DOWN TO PICK
UP THE BALL, YOUNG ARMSTRONG HEARD MRS. GORSKY SHOUTING AT MR. GORSKY.
"SEX! YOU WANT SEX?! YOU'LL GET SEX WHEN THE KID NEXT DOOR WALKS ON THE MOON!"
ill get on that
and get back to you.
Sunday, 22 August 2010
I've got a photoshoot coming up on Monday
and iv been working flat out till 2 a.m
yesterday i decided 1) i deserve a break
2) tom needs to learn to cook cake properly
3) rainbow cake would DEFINITELY chivvy me up.
WE got SUCH a sugar rush..it was like after you've smoked something
of good quality
Wednesday, 18 August 2010
If you are at first lonely, be patient.
If you’ve not been alone much, or if when you were, you weren’t okay with it, then just wait. You’ll find it’s fine to be alone once you’re embracing it.
We can start with the acceptable places, the bathroom, the coffee shop, the library, where you can stall and read the paper, where you can get your caffeine fix and sit and stay there. Where you can browse the stacks and smell the books; you’re not supposed to talk much anyway so it’s safe there.
There is also the gym, if you’re shy, you can hang out with yourself and mirrors, you can put headphones in.
Then there’s public transportation, because we all gotta go places.
And there’s prayer and mediation, no one will think less if your hanging with your breath seeking peace and salvation.
Start simple. Things you may have previously avoided based on your avoid being alone principles.
The lunch counter, where you will be surrounded by “chow downers”, employees who only have an hour and their spouses work across town, and they, like you, will be alone.
Resist the urge to hang out with your cell phone.
When you are comfortable with “eat lunch and run”, take yourself out for dinner; a restaurant with linen and Silverware. You’re no less an intriguing a person when you are eating solo desert and cleaning the whip cream from the dish with your finger. In fact, some people at full tables will wish they were where you were.
Go to the movies. Where it’s dark and soothing, alone in your seat amidst a fleeting community.
And then take yourself out dancing, to a club where no one knows you, stand on the outside of the floor until the lights convince you more and more and the music shows you. Dance like no one’s watching because they’re probably not. And if they are, assume it is with best human intentions. The way bodies move genuinely to beats, is after-all, gorgeous and affecting. Dance until you’re sweating. And beads of perspiration remind you of life’s best things. Down your back, like a book of blessings.
Go to the woods alone, and the trees and squirrels will watch for you. Go to an unfamiliar city, roam the streets, they are always statues to talk to, and benches made for sitting gives strangers a shared existence if only for a minute, and these moments can be so uplifting and the conversation you get in by sitting alone on benches, might of never happened had you not been there by yourself.
Society is afraid of alone though. Like lonely hearts are wasting away in basements. Like people must have problems if after awhile nobody is dating them.
But lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless, and lonely is healing if you make it.
You can stand swathed by groups and mobs or hands with your partner, look both further and farther in the endless quest for company.
But no one is in your head. And by the time you translate your thoughts an essence of them maybe lost or perhaps it is just kept. Perhaps in the interest of loving oneself, perhaps all those “sappy slogans” from pre-school over to high school groaning, we’re tokens for holding the lonely at bay.
Cause if you’re happy in your head, then solitude is blessed, and alone is okay.
It’s okay if no one believes like you, all experiences unique, no one has the same synapses, can’t think like you, for this be relived, keeps things interesting, life’s magic things in reach, and it doesn’t mean you aren’t connected, and the community is not present, just take the perspective you get from being one person in one head and feel the effects of it.
Take silence and respect it.
If you have an art that needs a practice, stop neglecting it, if your family doesn’t get you or a religious sect is not meant for you, don’t obsess about it.
You could be in an instant surrounded if you need it.
If your heart is bleeding, make the best of it.
There is heat in freezing, be a testament.
Monday, 16 August 2010
Ten Rules for Being Human
by Cherie Carter-Scott
|1.||You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's yours to keep for the entire period.|
|2.||You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, "life."|
|3.||There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work."|
|4.||Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.|
|5.||Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that doesn't contain its lessons. If you're alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.|
|6.||"There" is no better a place than "here." When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."|
|7.||Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.|
|8.||What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.|
|9.||Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.|
|10.||You will forget all this.|
- finish patterns for photoshoot corsets - DONE
- finish toiles for photo shoot corsets - DONE
- fit toiles for photoshoot corsets - DONE two of three
- start compiling info into sketchbook for applying to uni - DONE
- start designing and figuring out the 'how tos' - DONE
of top seekrit but awesome autumn/winter/spring collection (cant wait to show you that..) - DONE (will be revealed after the shoot on the 23rd)
- do designs for portfolio sketchbook - DONE
- stop eating so much chocolate - NEVVVVAAARRRR!!!!
- be less hormonal - DONE
- get measurements for recent corset order - CANCELLED :(
- make pattern and toile for recent corset order - CANCELLED :(
not bad i don't think? :)
- fit katies toile for shoot
- make katies corset for shoot
- finish uni sketch book
- do mood board for uni sketch book
- shop for shoot accessories
- create mood board for top seekrit designs
- get photies after shoot and ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE!!
Saturday, 14 August 2010
I mean pure psychedelic inebriation.
Not just lustful petting but transcendental metamorphosis
when you became aware that the greatness
of this being was breathing into you.
Licking the sides and corners of your mouth,
like sealing a thousand fleshy envelopes
filled with the essence of your passionate being
and then opened by the same mouth and delivered back to you,
over and over again –
the first kiss of the rest of your life.
A kiss that confirms that the universe is aligned,
that the world’s greatest resource is love,
and maybe even that God is a woman.
With or without a belief in God,
all kisses are metaphors decipherable
by allocations of time, circumstance, and understanding.”
Friday, 13 August 2010
Thursday, 12 August 2010
I want to swim and get lost in this.
breath it in.
breath for me.
breath in me.
Tuesday, 10 August 2010
:::: OutsaPop Trashion recycled style DIY refashion eco sustainable fashion ::::: The new improved uniform
Sunday, 8 August 2010
Thursday, 22 July 2010
I'v always wanted a locket, but they were always
wrong for me. Theyd be a heart shape, or thered be too many flowers,
or it would be too damned expensive.
but this...this is beautiful, this is not expensive
Sunday, 18 July 2010
lifting up an empty cup I ask silently
that all my destinations will accept the one that's me
so I can breath
Circles they grow and they swallow people whole
half their lives they say goodnight to wive's they'll never know
got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul
so it goes...
Don't come closer or I'll have to go
Holding me like gravity are places that pull
If ever there was someone to keep me at home
It would be you...
Everyone I come across in cages they bought
they think of me and my wandering
but I'm never what they thought
got my indignation but I'm pure in all my thoughts
Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere
underneath my being is a road that disappeared
late at night I hear the trees
they're singing with the dead
Leave it to me as I find a way to be
consider me a satelite for ever orbiting
I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me
Saturday, 17 July 2010
Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.
A little bit of true romance for your Saturday morning :)
Wednesday, 14 July 2010
And i love love love this picture, so so much!
I want to lay in a comfortable bed, cuddled up in love,
without a care in the world.
tattooed and comfortable
tea, cuddles and soft skin.
Monday, 12 July 2010
Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '97:Today one of my closest, longest friends came over, i say longest friends, iv known her for 6 years, i met her on my 15th birthday, but not many people stay in my life too long - her name is Vicky. Vicky Shone, and shes one of those people who i don't think ill ever lose contact with for long. We see each other rarely, but when do its freaking cool. Anyway..today i introduced her to the bane of my life - where she stumbled upon this little treasure, how have i never heard the song sun screen????!! i dunno...aannyway, her tis..read it :) enjoy it.
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.
Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 pm on some idle Tuesday.
Do one thing every day that scares you.
Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.
Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.
Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.
Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.
Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.
Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else's.
Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or of what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.
Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.
Do not read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly.
Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings. They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.
Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.
Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. Travel.
Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.
Respect your elders.
Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse. But you never know when either one might run out.
Don't mess too much with your hair or by the time you're 40 it will look 85.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.
But trust me on the sunscreen.
Friday, 9 July 2010
- finish patterns for photoshoot corsets
- finish toiles for photo shoot corsets
- fit toiles for photoshoot corsets
- start compiling info into sketchbook for applying to uni
- start designing and figuring out the 'how tos'
of top seekrit but awesome autumn/winter/spring collection (cant wait to show you that..)
- do designs for portfolio sketchbook
- stop eating so much chocolate
- be less hormonal
- get measurements for recent corset order
- make pattern and toile for recent corset order
so not much really..just need to organise my time properly...hmmmm,
if anyone has any images theyd like to share their thoughts on what a 'siren' is
(woman siren, not alarm...)
or cool wood nymph pictures
or wenchy pirate pictures
im doing mythological seductresses for a corset theme
and doing a project around if for when i apply for uni next year :D
Tuesday, 6 July 2010
Daddy, i want a pony...
or a baby brother...
Friday, 25 June 2010
They all say a lovely little things.... worded like sentences with too many words, like:
anyway...on the back it says this:
Think happy thoughts
champion silver linings
(not just cute things
like babies and kittens)
& when you do love - love
like they do in power ballads
(you know, like on a cliff
with the wind in your hair
and your eyes shut.
knowing you'll never know
another love like this)
watch out for dogpoo
smile at people-even grumpy ones
(oh i said that already)
remember that anything is possible
& whatever you do always try to
the bright side
so yeah :)
Wednesday, 23 June 2010
her latest post though, makes me utterly sad...
Let There Bee Magic
- Flower seeds and vegetable seeds from your garden or your neighbourhood ie: not from a packet - don't feel you have to send a whole field load!! A couple varieties of each will be fine.
- A recipe for the harvest should also be included
- Your favourite organic gardening tip
- Something crafty in your parcel which has a 'bee' theme. This can be a homemade gift, or some crafty bee inspired bits which your swap partner can make things with.
GOSH!! i already knew about the bee decline, but reading it from a lady who isnt a scientist makes me very very sad.
know what needs to happen?
- everyone needs to grow fruit and veg, or rather..perhaps just one type of veg, and they need to share with the entire street. - this would get rid of pesticides of mass produced vegies - did you know tesco keep your veg at a certain low temperature for upto SIX MONTHS???? and then bring the temp up slowly to the chilled veg section temperature, and then you take it home and refrigerate it...mmmmyummy! :S go to tesco and buy...some carrots, or peppers? and take them home and dont put them in the fridge, watch what happens REALLY quickly. grow your own man!!
- we need more traders and less shops.. creating competition and cheaper prices, but panic not..because people are paying less doesn't mean you'll get less for your trade, oh no... you will have more custom because there are less huge shops to do it for cheap... yeah its cheap, but its CRAP and some child had to make it or be beaten... ignorance is bliss eh? also..the 'stuff' you buy wont last as long as something you pay a little more for and get made.. or.. go buy a sewing machine! and make stuff yourself. the hours you'd spend shopping, or watching tv or facebooking or whatever..learn to sew!! swap the stuff you sewed for a hair cut off or a new..bird feeder. or whatever.
- people need to be kind to each other... if everyone was kind and didn't mind helping people EVERYONE would get helped and less people would be bitter for having to do everything themselves.
- so..we need... gardeners, seamstresses, , nutritionists, natural healers and doctors, obviously we need bee keepers! spiritualists and scientists, hair dressers, dentists, comedians, musicians, anndd... im not sure what else. what else? righty..so we gather these people up aaannnddd go and live on an island somewhere? yes? somewhere warm? but with soil not sand... ill think on it ;)